Re: Linear time searches with ldbm backend

> It might have nothing to do, but did you purposely remove
> objectClass equality indexing from your mail?  It's mandatory for
> correct directory operations.

Ah ah! That was the thing. Yes it works perfectly now. Thanks so much!

Actually, I started from an existing slapd.conf in my project where
objectClass indexing was already missing ...

May I suggest to the openldap developers to add a warning on slapd
startup if objectClass indexing is missing, and/or a note about this
in slapd.conf(5); typically in the short example of configuration:

       # Indices to maintain
       index     objectClass  eq # required for proper directory operations
       index     cn,sn,mail   pres,eq,approx,sub

Thanks again,

Best regards,
					Nicolas
--