ldappasswd fails with "context csn indexing failed"

Hi everybody,

I'm running a chrooted OpenLDAP version 2.2.8 on RH 9 against BDB/4.2.52p2. When I make a ldappasswd request like so...

ldappasswd -A -D "<Valid Manager DN>" -H "ldap://localhost/"; -x -S -W "<DN of record to be changed>"

then I get correctly prompted for the old password on that user record, for the new password, and for the bind password for my Manager DN. However, it ends up failing with the "context csn indexing failed" message. Has anyone seen this before and knows what to do?

jens