Re: Data migration from one openLDAP server to another.

man, 05.04.2004 kl. 16.51 skrev Pandey, Vishal:

> Merry Monday folks,

:(

> Has anoyone ever migrated data from openLDAP server to another machine?
> We are just building new boxes at work and so the old openLDAP redHAT 9
> server is being replaced by a new Fedora box. Just a short summary on what
> all to move over and any handy tips would be appreciated if anyone has been
> through the process.

What versions? Migrating a standard RH9 2.0 slapcat to Openldap 2.1.x
last summer was not pleasant; spaces that shouldn't have been there had
to be removed, intuition played a large role and ruthlessly deleting and
rewriting intransigent records was de rigeur. An extended knowledge of
vi's macro possibilities and/or sed is a great help. Mutating +- 300
Posix account/group/Samba 2 records by hand was half a day's work.

I've noticed that upgrades from Openldap 2.1 to 2.2 go much more easily.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl