Re: proxycache configuration

Hi Tonni,

Tony Earnshaw <tonye@billy.demon.nl> writes:

> søn, 04.04.2004 kl. 18.00 skrev Dieter Kluenter:
>
>> Am Samstag, 3. April 2004 19:46 schrieb Dieter Kluenter:

> Just one thing: The fact that you're using ldapi would suggest that
> you're running it on the same machine/host as the master DB. Could you
> confirm that? I can't see much point in running slapd ldapi, since the
> whole point is  to have a server that caches often looked-up attributes
> for LAN clients? Or am I missing something?

Well I can confirm that I'm running several sldapd's on one single
host, just because that is a testing environment, The reason for using
ldapi as in my posted example  is just due to my laziness, I'm to lazy to
run 3 or more instances on different ports. An other reason is that I'm
testing a local deamon which searches a subordinate partition only,
think of any smtpd with rather high search frequency.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung
Tel:040.64861967 | Fax: 040.64891521