private static modules

All:

*	Is it possible to build private static modules for slapd?  I tried creating a directory back-private and configure does not seem to recognize it.  backend.c is looking at

	#if defined(SLAPD_PRIVATE) && !defined(SLAPD_PRIVATE_DYNAMIC)
	#include "private/external.h"
	#endif

	I will appreciate any pointers.
*	Can I build dynamic modules using C++ sun workshop compiler?  I see cautionary statements about libtool, C++ and static construction.  Any positive experience with libtool, sun workshop compiler and C++ code with static variable?

m.p. ardhanareeswaran