LDBM verse BDM

Is there a convincing reason to go use a dbm backend instead of ldbm?

It seems that the ldbm backend is much easier to setup.

I’m running OpenLDAP version 2.1.25 on Redhat Enterprise 3 and plan on supporting about 30k-50k users with about 6-9 indices.

With the ldbm backend, does anyone have any good equations to determine the “cachesize” and “dbcachesize” settings?

I have only 512 MB of memory but plan on ramping that up to 2 to 4 GB.

Thanks in advance!

-Michael

====
This message and any attachments are confidential. Unauthorized use
or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited, and this message
must be destroyed immediately if received by an unauthorized recipient.
====