Deferring Operation.

I am getting the "deferring operation" message in my logs.  I have never
been able to get a definitive answer as to what causes this. At a glance
I originally thought that it might be because of load.  But upon doing
some statistics my bdb backend seems to be doing very well.

Some have said this has to do with open connections to the directory?
And that does seem to be a problem.  I have noticed that it sometimes
takes an inordinately long amount of time for the tcp connections to
close on my servers.

I am currently running RH ES 2.1, Berkeley DB 4.1.25, and OpenLDAP
2.1.23

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Scott M Batchelor                          :
Identity Management Systems
Indiana University
812.855.6346