Re: threading

--On Wednesday, March 31, 2004 10:16 AM +0200 Wout van Albada <wout@science.uva.nl> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 11:53:07PM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
I had threading problems using RH9 and OpenLDAP.  I've found Solaris 8
threading to be extremely reliable.  I found Solaris 9 threading to
cause  massive problems.  I'm currently testing Debian.  So I suggest a
lot of  testing to see how the threads are handled in a particular OS.

Can you elaborate on the Solaris 9 threading problems? I've got an OpenLDAP server running on Solaris 9 that needs to go live in the near future. Should I downgrade to Solaris 8 to avoid trouble?

It always depends on how you build your OL package. My issues came with SASL & GSSAPI binds. I always advocate doing stress testing of the server to see if there are issues to be aware of. I found OL to be unstable when combined with SASL/GSSAPI on Solaris 9.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer