anonymous bind

Title: anonymous bind

Hi,

Ive OpenLDAP 2.1.25 working with OpenSSL. Im only using the port 636 for communication.

In ldap.conf I need to set the binddn and the bindpw for the system to authenticate correctly, without setting the rootbinddn.

Id rather prefer using the rootbinddn with the password in ldap.secret, but it only works correctly if I use binddn and bindpw.

Anyone knows what could be missing here?

Thanks,

Jorge Ruão

CICA - Centro de Informática Prof. Correia de Aráujo

Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto

E-mail- jruao@fe.up.pt

Tel- 22 508 1506 (Ext.1089)