Re: How to confirm --enable-local

> On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 16:35, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>> if you have access to the build source, vi include/portable.h
>> and see if #define LDAP_PF_LOCAL 1
>> if you want to know via protocol if the ldapi:// listener is active on
>> a running server, provided it is configured with back-monitor on,
>> check the "cn=listeners,cn=monitor" and see if any of the labeledURI
>> attributes has protocol "ldapi".
>
> I cannot find much info on getting back-monitor setup, but my Makefile
> looks to have built-in the support. Do you know where I could find such
> instructions or could tell me how to set it up?

If you are starting slapd, then it uses the socket if you used
the -h "ldapi://" switch; then, if it is unable to open the socket
it will not start. To setup back-monitor, simply add a
"database monitor" directive in slapd.conf, as described in
slapd-monitor(5), back-monitor's man page (with references in
slapd.conf(5) man page).  Check the permissions of the socket
and of the entire path to the socket.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati