openldap health monitoring

Hi,

I need a script/program for monitoring the health of my slapd. From what I have seen so far, following problems are likely to occur, and must be monitored:

- slapd dies
- slapd blocks (and eats 95% of CPU time too)
- slapd grows too large

I suppose there are other problems, but this is what I have seen so far. I was about to write a simple health-monitoring script that checks for these problems, and then I realised that I don't know how to differ between a program that's legitimely using lots of resources and will stop doing so in a moment from the one that is simply hanging.

I presume I'm not the only one who needs some kind of health monitoring - could someone point me to other problems that are likely to occur, and even better to some progs/scripts that monitor the slapd health and do something inteligent about it.

thx!
        Denis

T-Mobile Austria GmbH,
Information Technologies / Services
Knowledge Management & Process Automation

Dr. Denis Havlik,                             eMail: denis.havlik@t-mobile.at
Rennweg 12, Zi. 444                       Phone: +43-1-79-585/6237
A-1030 Vienna                                  Fax: +43-1-795-85/6584