Re: replication between different ldap versions

--On Tuesday, March 16, 2004 10:46 AM +0100 "Harms, Hendrik (K-DOB-4/6)" <extern.hendrik.harms@volkswagen.de> wrote:

Is it possible to replicate a newer master to an older slave
even if they are using different versions of the Berkeley-DB?
   Master: openldap-2.1.27 with bdb-4.2.52
   Slave: openldap-2.1.19 with bdb-4.1.25

Cause of the different bdb versions I have to load each ldap seperatly.
But then the "entryUUID" and the "entryCSN", used by slurpd replication,
could be different for the same entry in the master and the slave.
I think this makes replication impossible. Am I right?

Hendrik,

I think it will work okay. entryCSN will simply be updated, and the entryUUID's are only put in during ADD operations, so your new entries will have sync'd UUID's, but your old ones won't.

Another possibility for you --

Load the master via slapadd. Then slapcat the master's DB.
Load the replica with that slapcat file. It will have both entryCSN and entryUUID in it. Then everything will be in sync, and will be kept in sync by slurpd.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer