Re: DB_CONFIG

I haven't got any comparison data for the first three lines of DB_CONFIG. May be, outputs of db_stat command can be used to see the hits. However, after adding the forth line, the creatation of openldap database (with slapadd) is reduced from 1 hour to 1.5 minute.

Jason C. Leach wrote:

mustafa atakan wrote:

Hi Ace,

we are using the below setting on a debian (3.0) box having two Pentium-III 1100 Mhz CPUs. I don't know whether the values are optimal or not. But this DB_CONFIG file hasn't produced trouble for 35.000 entries (students and academic staff).

set_cachesize 0 300000000 10
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 2097152

set_flags DB_TXN_WRITE_NOSYNC

How can you tell if the DB_CONFIG is recognised and working?

Thanks,
Jason.