Re: valid entries for CN in certificate

--On Monday, March 15, 2004 4:57 PM +0000 Greg Matthews <gmatt@nerc.ac.uk> wrote:

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 16:27, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
I suggest you read the related RFC's, and then you'll know the answer. :)

ok I guess I asked for that. Fact is, making sure the clients use a FQDN when contacting server means tweaking /etc/hosts to make sure they use it. However, this breaks our backups as the legato server now thinks this is a new host and attempts to do a full backup...

this is known issue (apparently) but legato have no intention of fixing
it anytime soon. We have a workaround we can use but it is kludgy.

theres always something...

Yeah, we used Legato ages ago. It always seemed to have some issue for us in one place or another, so we dumped it.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer