slapd.conf

I'm trying to create one common LDAP database for a Domain Controller and
Email server.  I'm using the RHEMS package for my email and though I point
the ldap.conf file to my Domain Controller database it saying that it cannot
find the ldap server.  However, if I do a ldapsearch -x on mail server it
does list my database.

What I'm trying to do is see if I can keep all the mail services (i.e.
postfix, cyrus, sasl) on the mail server and have the LDAP database on the
DC.  Is this possible?  The schema for the mail server requires several
services to be in the LDAP (i.e. imap, pop3) so I'm thinking that the mail
server will be looking for those on the domain controller.

Has anyone ever combined these two services before?

Cheers,

Jason