Re: Fedora syslog problem

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Sundaram Ramasamy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to enable the openldap debug message in fedora Linux. I have
> added local4.* in syslog.conf file, but still I am not getting log
> message in the /var/log/message file.
>
> I tried in Redhat 9.0 same thing is working, any help to enable the
> logging.

RedHat forces the debug output to daemon instead of local4. Edit
/etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap to remove '-l daemon' from the slapd command line,
or use daemon.* instead of local4.* in syslog.conf. (Thanks to Frank
Swasey for posting the answer to this problem some months ago.)

--
Kirk Turner-Rustin
Information Systems