attrs=x val.regex=y ACL

I'm testing the new feature in OL 2.2 to allow you to return only those attribute values that match a particular regex. I currently have:

access to dn.children="cn=people,dc=stanford,dc=edu" attrs=suPrivilegeGroup val.regex="maps:*"
by dn.base="uid=cadabra,cn=accounts,dc=stanford,dc=edu" read
by * break

However, when I bind as cadabra and search for a person that I know has entries like:

suprivilegegroup: maps:group

etc

None of that suprivilegegroup data comes back. Am I doing something wrong? This look right according to slapd.access

I've also tried:

val.regex="maps:"
val.regex=maps:
val.regex=maps:*