Re: Testing the speed of OpenLDAP..

--On Sunday, March 07, 2004 8:14 PM -0600 adp <dap99@i-55.com> wrote:

I want to see how fast our OpenLDAP servers are. I have very specific
things I want to test:

1. How many concurrent logins (bind) OpenLDAP can handle within a 5, 50,
and 500 second period.
2. The average time to bind for each test case in the above.
3. How fast OpenLDAP can return a result for a query for a specific uid=X
given 5, 50, 500, and 5000, and 50000 entries in that ou.

I can probably code this up myself in perl, but I don't want to reproduce
any software that already does this and more. I hit freshmeat.net but
didn't see anything. Any ideas? I'm sure there is something out there..

Speed is a nebulous thing, but you can look at:

<http://www.mindcraft.com/directorymark/>

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount