Re: LDAPI documentation (was Re: Graphical LDAP clients with SASL support)

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> ldapi://%2Fusr%2Flocal%2Fvar%2Fslapd%2Fldapi/????x-mod=0777"'
> [..]
> It works with just about everything for 2.1.x and 2.2.x - apart from
> pam_ldap/nss_ldap, and of course the clients for which it doesn't, like
> GQ and directory_administrator.

Can't resist to note that web2ldap has support for ldapi:// for quite a while (arbitrary LDAP URLs can e.g. be passed as query string).

web2ldap does not support SASL bind requests yet (although python-ldap supports it) since there was no demand of users for it and no personal requirement up to now. How many of you folks really need SASL binds?
I thought about how to implement SASL binds for quite a while. But up to now I didn't have an idea for a nice user interface for choosing the SASL mechs and passing the right credentials.

Ciao, Michael.