Re: [SPAM:#] Re: Integration: MIT Kerberos V and OpenLDAP with SASL/GSSAPI

--On Saturday, March 06, 2004 9:59 PM -0500 Kevin <openldap@gnosys.biz> wrote:

We have a single KDC, and it is MIT K5.  Using the Heimdal libraries
for the OpenLDAP server really has no relation to the KDC used.

Pardon my ignorance, but... does that mean that the machines hosting the OpenLDAP servers simply have dynamic libraries from Heimdal rather than MIT Kerberos?

Yes.

Or that the OpenLDAP server programs were statically
linked against libraries from Heimdal rather than MIT?

I suppose you could do it that way too. I prefer dynamic linking.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer