OpenLDAP users and implementation

I was just wondering if anyone has compiled a list of organizations
using OpenLDAP and what they use it for. I realize that is kind of crazy
because there are many organizations using it, but if you were
attempting to switch from some other authentication database you might
want to show that has been successfully implemented in established
organizations. I've successfully implemented OpenLDAP as a backend to
Samba for close to 1500 users. This is used primarily for file sharing
and some client server applications. I do encounter many people that are
either unable or unwilling to look beyond M$ for these services,
however.

I could use your input one way or the other.

Thanks.

--
Kent L. Nasveschuk <kent@wareham.k12.ma.us>