Re: intermittant error 81 - how to log client calls?

--On Friday, March 05, 2004 1:43 PM -0500 Thomas Gagné <tgagne@wideopenwest.com> wrote:

I'm running various tests and am getting intermittent CAN'T CONTACT LDAP
SERVER in the middle of connections.  For instance, in a loop of 100
modifies, I may get an error 81 after 20.  Or maybe 80.  Sometimes not at
all.

I've traced the network and it doesn't appear to be because the server
didn't answer.  It did.  But my client's kicking-out errors anyway.

So, to find out what's going on I thought I'd enable debugging
(LDAP_OPT_DEBUG_LEVEL) but am now wondering where are the messages going?
How can I see them?

What version of OpenLDAP are you using?

--Quanah

--