Re: general question on objectclass

tor, 04.03.2004 kl. 10.10 skrev mailinglists:

> I could not find any documentation about how to use 'objectclass='.
> There are several parameters like organization, person, top and so on
> that can or can't be set.

An objectclass is simply a container that can hold attributes
(properties with values). Whether or not an objectclass is available as
a choice is determined by the schemas included in the configuration
(slapd.conf).

>  Seems to be a hierachical thing.

Definitely :)

> Also, I'd like to know what I can set with 'domaincomponent='.

domaincomponent is a synonim for dc. Once you've established the base
for your DIT (Directory Information Tree) with a suffix (slapd.conf),
say "dc=example,dc=com', every new dc you add on to it has to be defined
with its own dc attribute.

> If somebody please could point me to a link where I find a description
> of this what exactly it means and how these parameters work together.

Have you read the Admin guides on www.openldap.org?

Also, ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

is helpful for explaining a lot, as is searching on the Internet and in
the mail archives for this list.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl