Re: [Lam-public] ssl not working with ldap-lam

Buchan Milne wrote:
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Gémes Géza wrote:

Buchan Milne írta:

Just to clarify some points:
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf belongs to package openldap-clients, and is used
by command line ldap tools, as well as other tools built with libldap,
like gq, directory-administrator, and I think php-ldap, which is used by
both lam and PHPLdapAdmin.

And since libldap2 doesn't require openldap-clients, this is wrong. /etc/openldap/ldap.conf must reside in libldap2 or a package required by libldap2.

I'd consider the attitude of arbitrary LDAP client applications to use a central ldap.conf and even add proprietary extensions to it to be really broken.

BTW. /etc/ldap.conf belongs to nss_ldap, and is used by pam_ldap also.

PADL's stuff is a good example how that leads to misconfiguration and a lot of traffic on the OpenLDAP and PADL mailing lists.

or specify that configs in your ~/.ldaprc. I just simply prefered a
global (for all users an uses) solution.

Which is not feasible all the time.

Ciao, Michael.