Re: Trying to restore ldap database

Hi,

Is there, any software to backup the database to an
script file?

So that I execute sh backup-dump-script.sh I could
restore the entire database.

Nelson

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Buchan Milne wrote:

%%  Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:15:07 +0200
%%  From: Buchan Milne <bgmilne@obsidian.co.za>
%%  To: Campbell McKilligan <campbell@congoblue.com.au>
%%  Cc: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
%%  Subject: Re: Trying to restore ldap database
%%
%%  Campbell McKilligan wrote:
%%  > I have an image on CDs of all the partitions from a RedHat 8.0 Server
%%  > which crashed - includes /etc/openldap /var/lib/ldap and so on.
%%  >
%%  > Unfortunately it doesn't include a very recent ldif dump.
%%  >
%%  > The ldap running on the server was:
%%  >
%%  > openldap... 2.0.25-1
%%  > db4-4.0.14-14
%%  >
%%  > The new server is Fedora Core 1 running:
%%  >
%%  > openldap... 2.1.22-8
%%  > db4-4.1.25-14
%%  >
%%  > The ldap service is up and running fine.
%%  >
%%  > Is there a way to populate/migrate the new server with the records from
%%  > the old server?  I can install the previous version of openldap if there
%%  > is more hope of doing it that way.
%%  >
%%  > A quick glance at the /var/lib/ldap directory shows me that the old
%%  > server had .gdbm files and the new one seems to be creating .dbb files.
%%  >
%%
%%
%%  2.1.22-8 should contain:
%%  /usr/sbin/slapcat-slapd-2.0-gdbm
%%
%%  Which, if you place the configs and the data files back where they were,
%%  may be able to give you an ldif dump, which you should import with slapadd.
%%
%%  Regards,
%%  Buchan
%%