Re: What's usefulness of monitor backend?

I should add some descriptions of the different graphs that I put
together. I by no means have any idea if any of these graphs are
useful combinations of the various data points (in fact, I think the
connections/searches graph, the second one listed here, doesn't work
so well because there are tons more searches than connections), and
would be interested to hear if others think of these, or other
suggestions:

Number of current LDAP Connections
(note, this is an instantaneous value, ie. the number of connections
that were current at the time of the query, this shouldn't be trusted
for a connections/sec or connections/min view, but is more interesting
as something which shows the number of connections OPEN/ACTIVE at any
particular time. If you want to know how many connections are made,
see the next graph)
http://riseup.net/mrtg/buffy_slapd/buffy.current_connections.html

Number of LDAP Connections made and number of searches made
(NB. Above, the difference between these two values is this one grows
over time and then is averaged over 5 minutes, where the previous one
is an instantaneous snapshot at the time of query, which is a more
dubious number since 2 seconds later it could be a totally different
value)
http://riseup.net/mrtg/buffy_slapd/slapd.connectionsbinds.html

Number of LDAP Adds & Deletes made
http://riseup.net/mrtg/buffy_slapd/slapd.adddelete.html

Number of LDAP PDU & operations made
(I am not sure I know what these are)
http://riseup.net/mrtg/buffy_slapd/slapd.pduoperations.html

Number of LDAP binds & unbinds made
http://riseup.net/mrtg/buffy_slapd/slapd.bindunbind.html

Number of current LDAP Read & Write Waiters
(I am not sure what these are, but there are a lot of Read ones... i
am guessing this is the number of LDAP Read operations that have been
waiting?)
http://riseup.net/mrtg/buffy_slapd/slapd.readwritewaiters.html

Number of LDAP bytes & entries made
http://riseup.net/mrtg/buffy_slapd/slapd.bytesentries.html