Re: ldapadd problem

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Galoppin Fabian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	I've an error when I want to add an user to my ldap database :
>
> adding new entry "uid=phc,ou=People,dc=test,dc=be"
> ldapadd: update failed: uid=phc,ou=People,dc=test,dc=be
> ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
>         additional info: invalid structural object class chain (sambaAccount/inetOrgPerson)

I tihnk you most likely have an outdated copy of the samba 2.2.x schema,
which had sambaAccout as a structural objectclass.

This problem was corrected quite a while ago, please look in the
examples/LDAP directory of your source distribution of samba, and if that
uses a structural objectclass, you should update your copy of samba.

TW, samba-3.0.x uses objectclass sambaSamAccout, and it's much more
worthwhile to go with samba-3.0.x than 2.2.x.

> that's the ldif :
>
> # phc, People, test, be
> dn: uid=phc,ou=People,dc=test,dc=be
> homeDirectory: /home/phc
> loginShell: /bin/bash
> scriptPath: phc.cmd
> lmPassword: B966417EEG564C2AAD3B435B51404EE
> ntPassword: 3DBE299CB4A5FF5E35F6CA98B0939E2
> logonTime: 0
> acctFlags: [UX]
> homeDrive: H:
> pwdLastSet: 0
> uid: phc
> uidNumber: 1002
> gidNumber: 1041
> rid: 3004
> primaryGroupID: 3082
> cn: phc
> sn: phc
> objectClass: sambaAccount
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: shadowAccount
> profilePath: \\muto\profiles\phc
>

> I don"t know if the schemas gives the place where I must put attributes in my ldif ...
> don't know what is the problem exactly...
> If I disable schemacheck in my slapd.conf ... maybe it will work but I think It is more
> clean to set scehmacheck to ON...
>
> thx in advance.
> see u,
> Galoppin Fabian