RE: How to make a "symbolic link" in openldap ?

No. Alias Dereferencing is not the same as following a referral. The client
sets flags in the LDAP Search request telling the server to follow aliases or
not, and the server does so. Referrals are simply returned by the server, and
left to the client to follow.

> Which solution then excludes common LDAPv2 clients, such as Mozilla,
> Netscape, Evolution and probably many more :(

Aliases were already present in LDAPv2, what has LDAPv2/v3 got to do with
anything?

  -- Howard Chu