cn
sn
postalAddress
telephoneNumber
mail
userClass
uniqueIdentifier

I did several searches:

o Search #1: first name starts with "S", last name starts with "Jensen"

Hostname = ldap.dfrc.nasa.gov:389
filterCString = (&(cn=s*) (sn=jensen*))
BaseDN = o=National Aeronautics and Space Administration,c=US
This generates 4 "hits"

o Search #2: Add "NASA" as a search term for userClass (userClass includes the employer):

Hostname = ldap.dfrc.nasa.gov:389
filterCString = (&(cn=s*) (sn=jensen*) (userClass=*NASA*))
BaseDN = o=National Aeronautics and Space Administration,c=US

This generates 3 "hits" (1 of the previous hits was a contractor)

o Next Search:  First name "S", Last name "Jensen", "ou = Dryden" added to BaseDN:

Hostname = ldap.dfrc.nasa.gov:389
filterCString = (&(cn=s*) (sn=jensen*))
BaseDN = ou=Dryden Flight Research Center,o=National Aeronautics and Space Administration,c=US

1 result returned... as expected.

o Next Search: First name "S", Last name "Jensen", ou = "Dryden"... no results returned.

Hostname = ldap.dfrc.nasa.gov:389
filterCString = (&(cn=s*) (sn=jensen*) (ou=*Dryden*))
BaseDN = o=National Aeronautics and Space Administration,c=US

No results returned. I was hoping for the same result as the previous search

o Finally, I do a search with only "ou = Dryden", and here is the result I get:

Hostname = ldap.dfrc.nasa.gov:389
filterCString = (ou=*Dryden*)
BaseDN = o=National Aeronautics and Space Administration,c=US

RESULTS:

tag: ou      value: Dryden Flight Research Center

Does this help?

At 7:46 AM -0600 2/13/04, Craig Dunigan wrote:
Actually, the exact search filter you're using would be more helpful.

Craig

--

Stephen C. Jensen
X-37ALT DFRC Chief Engineer