Searching on "ou"

Greetings...

I have written a program which searches our LDAP database for name and address info. I am in one division of a large company. Originally, I set the program with a baseDN of:

o=BigCompanyName,ou=DivisionName,c=US

Then, I got the idea of doing company-wide searches by just deleting the "ou" term out of the base. So far so good. Then... I got the idea of letting the user search for someone at a specific division. Since the division name does not appear to be in any of the other database fields, I added a search term for "ou=DivisionName"... doesn't work. I know I am missing something simple... can anyone help?

Thanks!!

--

Stephen C. Jensen