Re: samba can't connect to LDAP

Thank you for the clue, Damon. Testparm runs through without errors now
but unfortunately there must be another error... as you can read below
Is it right that it doesn't matter whether I use ssl for the connection or
not ?

 Andre

 linux:~ # smbpasswd -w *****
Setting stored password for "cn=Manager,dc=de" in secrets.tdb

 linux:~ # smbpasswd samba
 New SMB password:
 Retype new SMB password:
 LDAPS option set...!
 ldap_connect_system: Binding to ldap server as "cn=Manager,dc=de"
 Bind failed: Can't contact LDAP server
 Failed to find entry for user samba.
 Failed to modify password entry for user samba

 slapd says:
 Feb 12 13:38:28 linux slapd[2208]: conn=45 fd=16 ACCEPT from
 IP=10.0.0.161:32941 (IP=0.0.0.0:389)
 Feb 12 13:38:28 linux slapd[2208]: conn=45 fd=16 closed

 linux:~ # ldapsearch -x -W -D "cn=Manager,dc=de" '(uid=samba)'
 Enter LDAP Password:
 # extended LDIF
 #
 # LDAPv3
 # base <> with scope sub
 # filter: (uid=samba)
 # requesting: ALL
 #

 # samba, samba, juwimm, de
dn: uid=samba,ou=samba,o=juwimm,dc=de
 objectClass: sambaAccount
 objectClass: account
 uid: samba
 pwdLastSet: 0
 logonTime: 0
 logoffTime: 0
 kickoffTime: 0
 pwdCanChange: 0
 pwdMustChange: 0
 displayName: Nobody
 cn: Nobody
 rid: 520
 primaryGroupID: 520
 lmPassword: NO PASSWORDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 ntPassword: NO PASSWORDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 acctFlags: [NUX        ]

 # search result
 search: 2
 result: 0 Success