Re: How to configure openLDAP with SASL Digest-MD5 (UNDEFINED SYMBOL: DES_ede3_cbc_encrypt)

--- Tony Earnshaw <tonye@billy.demon.nl> wrote:
> ons, 11.02.2004 kl. 09.28 skrev Lara Adianto:
>
> > Well, I found out the source of the error of the
> above
> > error message.
> > Looking into the log messages recorded:
> > Feb 11 14:36:03 localhost sasldblistusers2: unable
> > dlopen /usr/lib/sasl2/libdigestmd5.so.2:
> > /usr/lib/sasl2/libdigestmd5.s
> > o.2: undefined symbol: DES_ede3_cbc_encrypt
> >
> > I'm not sure how to solve the problem though.
> >
> > I have an older version of cyrus-sasl in my
> machine,
> > and I have no problem with creating and listing
> the
> > users using saslpasswd and sasldblistusers.
> >
> > Does anybody outhere know how to solve this?
>
> Well definitely I do, since, with the help of this
> list (1,000 years
> ago), its software, people like Igor, Howard,
> Halvard and at least 10
> others from then, + auxiliary thingies it all "works
> for me". But /I/
> had a target, and that was basically getting Postfix
> smtp SASL AUTH with
> Openldap. I'm now on Postfix latest snapshot / Cyrus
> SASL / Openldap
> 2.2.5 and SASL DIGEST-MD5 auxprop for everything.
> And I'm coasting.
>
> What is your target, again?

Nope, I'm not going to setup Postfix SMTP...
My goal is to include SASL into my LDAP server, so
that my server will be LDAPv3 complient...My LDAP
server itself will be used more as as an
authentication server , also I would like to integrate
the LDAP with Radius server.

So...?

When I do a search in
/usr/lib/sasl2/libdigestmd5.so.2, I can find
DES_ede3_cbc_encrypt, but then why is it still
complaining about undefined symbol
DES_ede3_cbc_encrypt ?

Could the problem be caused by the case sensitive
issue: 'des' and 'DES' ?

-lara

=====