Mysql+Postgresql+Back-sql

Hi everyone.

Like everyone know, i tried to read mysql databases with ldap, and it was impossible. I'm now working on a hard way to do that, maybe you will say i'm crazy doing this. Well I compiled openldap 2.1.12 with back-sql, but i'm now using postgresql databases, all works fine, my ldap server reads from postgresql database, I follow reading OpenLDAP-POSTGRESQL HOWTO posted in http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ldap_pg/HOWTO/x132.html

But now i'm thinking to transfer my mysql database to postgresql, i think that is possible to do, but i have no idea how to start.
maybe i have to follow this steps:

1- create a database in postgresql (the same name in mysql)
2- dump mysql database
3- import the mysql dumped file

any idea?