Re: LDAP and authentication

--On Monday, February 09, 2004 6:29 PM +0100 Matthijs <matthijs@cacholong.nl> wrote:
# rootdn
rootdn "uid=ldapadm,dc=cacholong,dc=nl"
rootpw {KERBEROS}ldapadm@CACHOLONG.NL

Is uid=ldapadm an entry in your DB? In our setup, our rootdn is something entirely different that we actually never use on the master. ;) If your "uid=ldapadm" bit is an entry in your LDAP db, with its userPassword entry in the DB as well, you should be able to comment out the rootpw line, and change your rootdn to something else... we have rootdn="cn=manager,dc=stanford,dc=edu", which has a minimal entry in our DB:

dn: cn=manager,dc=stanford,dc=edu
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: manager

Also, I believe the use of {KERBEROS} was deprecated in later 2.1 versions, and should be replaced with {SASL} (but I could be wrong).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer