Samba connect to LDAP via SSL

I have the client libs set up to be the default i.e. tls_checkpeer was set to no. This worked fine for the nss_ldap client.

I changed this to yes and gave the tls_cacertfile the ca file and things still worked for nss_ldap.

However, I still get the same problem with samba. Am I doing something wrong?

While I know this seems to have more of a LDAP focus I believe the problem is else where. nss_ldap and pam_ldap both work fine with the /etc/ldap.conf settings yet samba 3.0.2 still gives a certificate error:

error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Does someone have a ldap/samba setup using SSL rather than TLS with self-signed certs?

Cheers
--
Martin Ritchie

the Kelvin Institute