Re: Response times in log

> Hi,
> I need the response time for ldapsearch at the server side. And how much
> time takes a connection to the ldap server but at the server side.

you can get a rough estimate (accuracy within one second)
from syslog, by diffing lines with "SRCH" and "SEARCH RESULT"
with same conn and op:

Feb 10 13:26:39 ando slapd[8681]: conn=1 op=1 SRCH attr=+extensibleobject
Feb 10 13:26:39 ando slapd[8681]: conn=1 op=1 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0
entries=44 text=

of course this will be of no use for simple searches, where
the result is likely to be always below 1 second.

The Operation structure contains a o_time field which
contains the time an operation was initiated; I think
the send_result routine could be easily hacked in the
SEARCH RESULT message (and in other result logs) to add
the difference between the current time and the operation's
o_time.  You mat want to file an ITS to log this issue.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it