Re: Openlap and BDB updates: update question

søn, 08.02.2004 kl. 09.18 skrev Dieter Kluenter:

> > I posted that *this works* and as proof, I'm running it now:
> [...]
> >         --enable-shared \
> >         --enable-dynamic \ <<<======= :)
>
> Sorry, I was referring to the build of bdb.

On my systems as they are at the moment I do a standard configure for
BDB, but --disable-largefile (above 2 GB).

>  But configure --help of
> openldap says:
> --enable-static[=PKGS]  build static libraries [default=yes]
> so, according to this thread,  it would be better to disable static
> libs on some OS's.

"Some OSs" is probably right.

Turns out I'd always been compiling Openldap with static libs, as Kurt
pointed out. If it hadn't been for this thread and the fact that I'd
applied 2 BDB patches, I'd probably never have realized that - so thanks
again everyone :)

--Tonni