RE: Openlap and BDB updates: update question

  I've been messing about with Jehan's RPM builds of OpenLDAP 2.1.25 on my RHEL
ES3 systems.  Jehan and I followed Red Hat's convention (from their OpenLDAP
2.0 packages) of statically linking a complete separate build of the underlying
db.  I'm actually pretty happy about doing it that way because at this point I
want to be able to load any updates that Red Hat recommends (including any
berkeley db updates) without changing the behaviour of the OpenLDAP software.
And I want all my software to be RPM packaged so that other (possibly less
skilled) people can do routine maintenance tasks such as security patches etc.
without endangering the stability of the system.
  Yes, that does mean we'll have to amend the spec file, rebuild the binary
rpms from the revised source rpms, and reload the binaries each time a
desirable patch to either sleepycat or OpenLDAP comes out.  But since Nalin
over at Red Hat has never answered my request to build current OpenLDAP rpms
for official release... oh well.  I am still in a testing/exploring mode with
this, but Jehan's packages have been running well for a week or so now on one
of my test machines.
--Charlie