Re: OpenLDAP 2.2.5 Debug Build Issue

--On Friday, February 06, 2004 10:34 AM -0800 Jason Raneses <jason@raneses.com> wrote:

I'm building the OpenLDAP 2.2.5 client libraries using MinGW, and
regardless of specifying --enable-debug=no or --disable-debug when
running configure, the -g gcc command line switch is being used during
compilation.  All of the Makefiles generated by autoconf end up
containing:

AC_CFLAGS = -g -O2

For the time being, I've manually stripped out the -g switch from the
Makefiles to compile without the debug symbols included.

The configure command line used was the following:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mingw --host=i686-pc-mingw32
--enable-debug=no --enable-bdb=no --enable-dynamic --enable-shared
--enable-static=no

Keep in mind I am not attempting to compile all of OpenLDAP, so I've
disabled bdb, etc. when running configure.  This is being done strictly to
compile the client libraries.

Have you looked at your environment variables before running configure?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer