Re: What's usefulness of monitor backend?

El vie, 06-02-2004 a las 11:26, Pierangelo Masarati escribió:

> >   Hi!
> >
> >     After reading answers about backend monitor, i wonder what is the
> > usefulness of monitor if it doesn't save information in real time about
> > state of my directory.
> >
> >    I want search about the number of modifications accomplished in my
> > directory, and i want to know how could i do it?
>
> Try this:
>
> - set up a running directory
> - add "database monitor" to slapd.conf
> - don't put any special ACLs on the
>   cn=monitor naming context
> - run ldapsearch -b 'cn=monitor' '*' '+'
>   and see what you get
> - if you can't find anything useful
>   out of it, then don't use back-monitor
>
> "number of modifications" is a bit vague.
> If you look at the "cn=Statistics,cn=Monitor"
> subtree, you'll find the number of: bytes,
> pdu, referrals and entries sent by the DSA;
> if you look at the "cn=Operations,cn=Monitor"
> subtree, you'll find the number of: bind,
> unbind, add, delete, modrdn, modify, compare,
> search, abandon and extended operations
> performed by the DSA.
>
> Unfortunately there's no split of these
> info between each database, or gouping
> by backend type.
>
> p.

  Thanks Pierangelo!!

     My problem was that i don't khow what were attribute names of each
entry, and with '+' option in ldapsearch i've could see it.

     For example for number of search operations

      $ ldapsearch -b "cn=Search,cn=Operations,cn=Monitor"  -h myhost -p
myport '*' monitorOpInitiated   -x

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: * monitorOpInitiated
#

# Search, Operations, Monitor
dn: cn=Search,cn=Operations,cn=Monitor
objectClass: monitorOperation
cn: Search
monitorOpInitiated: 37

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

  Thanks for your help. Now my monitor is more usefulness ;-)

--
El que menos quiere jugar es el que saldrá ganando.
	|                        |    Universidad Carlos III (Leganes)
	|    nacho@di.uc3m.es    |       Edificio Betancourt (1.1J02)
	+------------------oOO---+            Tfno: (91)624-94-81
		|__|__|
		ooO Ooo                       x-hkp://pgp.rediris.es)