ldapi socket permissions

Hi,
I'm experimenting with the uri ldapi. As default the socket has the
permissions
srwxr-x-r-x    1 root    root        0 2004-02-05 13:12 ldapi
and I connot contact ldapserver
dieter@orange:~> ldapsearch -H ldapi://%2fusr%2flocal%2fvar%2frun%
2fldapi/
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

Only if I change the permission to 777 I can contact the ldapserver.
I remember now vaguely that there has been a discussion on
openldap-devel to define an extra field in order to set the socket
permissions but I don't find any proof.
Can I now with 2.2.x pass a permission parameter to slapd at startup
and how is that done?

-Dieter
--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung