Re: Cannot find rootDN

I'm posting this part for the rest of the list.
Below is a segment of the log resulting from attempting to attach my Solaris client.
It shows some odd behaviour, that neither I, nor Quanah could not identify.
I'm hoping that someone here will know what this is, and can assist.

This definitely shows something odd:

ber_get_next
ldap_read: want=8, got=7
 0000:  30 05 02 01 02 42 00                               0....B.
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 5 contents:
ber_dump: buf=0x002fa7f8 ptr=0x002fa7f8 end=0x00ber_get_next
do_unbind
ldap_read: want=8 error=Resource temporarily unavailable
conn=0 op=1 UNBIND
ber_get_next on fd 12 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=1 tvp=NULL

Although I'm not clear what it means, exactly, but something went wrong there in that part of the request. I suggest you highlight this section and post that to the list. Also, I suggest you get the 4.2.52 patch and rebuild your DB via slapadd. ;)

--Quanah

It's noteworthy to keep in mind, that the test client IS able to attach & authenticate through a Sun One Directory server, so the client is "probably" ok.
The OpdnLDAP server that the above is taken from, allows connections, and authentication to Linux, and AIX clients, but not to Solaris clients.
This is odd.

Anyone?  Help!?!?

-Ric