RE: SAMBA and LDAP (and PAM?)

Philip, I've been watching for replies to your query but have seen none.  I
am interested in doing exactly the same thing.  The only way I could think
of doing it was to set-up a local LDAP server and use back-ldap to pass
authentication requests onto another LDAP server.  I got as few replies that
indicated that this is possible but I haven't had chance to pursue it as
yet.  If you search the archives for messages with a subject thread of
"Backend authentication" you'll see the replies I got.

Please let me know how you get on (I will do the same of course).

--
  Simon Oliver