Re: can i have ldap version 3

Today at 4:45pm, François Beretti wrote:

> For information, the fedora project provide redhat users with more up to
> date packages, like openldap 2.1.22 I believe.

Yes, fedora delivers 2.1.22 (which has some significant issues that are
fixed in the later releases -- so even there one should upgrade)

> Does anyone know other web/ftp repositories providing openldap packages
> for linux distributions ?

SUSE 9.0 provides 2.1.22
Debian ?unstable? seems to provide 2.1.23 (in openldap2.1 pkg)
Mandrake 9.2 provides 2.1.22

http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs/?Page=tools/Tools.html provides the source RPM
I've built for RH9 using OpenLDAP 2.1.25 and BDB 4.2.52.1 (it's modelled
on the Fedora 2.1.22 one).

Howard Chu @ SYMAS also provides a more recent RPM as well as do a few
other regular posters here...

Those are the ones I know about.

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===