problem on filesystem directory creation...

Hello LDAP Gurus !!!!!

Can some one tells me, what are the things to take care at the time of filesystem directory creation as i was facing problem in creating entries (the root node) using ldapadd, with a filesystem directory created by me.

But, I'm able to create entries (even the root node and other entries below the root node) using ldapadd, with the existing filesystem directory created at the time of installation ??

Please help me as its been a long time i'm facing the problem.

Thanks,
Sanjay