Re: rootdn DN is invalid.

I thought it was something that stupid.

Do you think it would be useful to add something regarding this and the
sasl section of the O'Reilly LDAP System Administration book(page 97), as
it directs people to make a rootdn of
uid=name,[realm=realm],cn=mechanism,cn=auth?

Everything is working just ducky now.  Thanks everyone for the responses.

					-jeremy

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Dieter Kluenter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jeremy Hallum <jhallum@umich.edu> writes:
>
> [...]
> > Sadly, I tried it with those lines, and it doesn't seem to be happy with
> > it.
> >
> > Here's a look at my entire slapd.conf file:
> >

> > database        bdb
> > suffix          "dc=astro-lsa-umich,dc=edu"
> > sasl-regexp
> >      uid=(.*),cn=LSA.UMICH.EDU,cn=gssapi,cn=auth
> >      uid=$1,ou=admin,dc=astro-lsa-umich,dc=edu
> > rootdn          "uid=astrldapadmin,realm=LSA.UMICH.EDU,cn=gssapi,cn=auth"
> [...]
> realm is an invalid attribute
>
> -Dieter

  Jeremy Hallum, System Manager , Astronomy, University of Michigan
              jhallum@umich.edu::jhallum@dreamt.org
                    "Audentis Fortuna Iuvat"