Re: "dynamic" acls

Alexander Blüm wrote:
would you have to use the groupOfNames?

I use groupOfUniqueNames, but I think groupOfNames will work fine.

could you show an example?

This is an example of one of our "dynamic" rules. You mentioned that you would like to *suppress* access using certain rules, whereas I generally *allow* access. It should be pretty similar, though, except the order of things might need to change (watch the spacing below!!):

## Branch Managers can write within their own branch access to dn="ou=(.*),dc=xxxxx,dc=edu" by group/groupOfUniqueNames/uniqueMember="gn=Manager,ou=$1,dc=xxxxx,dc=edu" write by self write by * read by anonymous auth

This allows anyone in the group "gn=Manager" under any given ou to
edit any records within that ou.  (Also note that the "gn" thing is
a stupid mistake which is not strictly allowed :-/)

You should be able to come up with something that has the correct
behavior and the right "dynamicness".

HTH,
JZ