Re: Browse LDAP directory from Mozilla or Outlook

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Hi,

Jose Antonio Cortijo Solera <jacortijo@renr.es> writes:

Hi list,

I am a newbie of all around LDAP but I am trying it. I have openldap 2
, phpldapadmin 0.9.3 configured and running and I added the
mozillaOrgPerson.schema and 'allow bind_v2 'th sladp.conf . I also
have the following lines in my slapd.conf
access to *
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=CAZORLA" write
        by * read

but when I try to populate the ldap server from mozilla I can only do
a searching in it, I mean, if I look for a person 'Jose' , I get
results, but I can no get the whole set of persons as I do with the
normal address book.

I don't know if I explain it  clearly...

Mozilla addressbook cannot write to a directory (yet), you have to
export your addressbook entries to an ldif file tweak it to conform to
your tree structure and ldapadd this *.ldif

-Dieter

Sorry, I couldn't explain myself clearly, I try it again ;)
I dont want to write to the directory, I want to read it... but not just searching for sombody, I want to click en my ldap server label in mozilla address book and then to get the whole list of entries of my ldap server...  I suppose that the tab Offline (in the Directory Server Properties) and the button Download has some relation with it but I introduce an username and pass on it and nothing happen.( no errors messages in mozilla or /var/log/syslog)
something left in  my slapd.conf?

I  hope  to have explained myself properly this time ...

Jose