Re: "dynamic" acls

--On Thursday, January 22, 2004 11:42 AM +0100 Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> wrote:

"Quanah" == Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> writes:

Quanah> ACI's work for some environments, but they definitely Quanah> won't work for mine, where ACL's are all entirely tree Quanah> based, not entry based. Maybe they will work for the Quanah> person who wants that functionality though.

Tree based ACL can be 'simulated' with ACI's. It's just a matter
of making sure your administration program can recursivly modify
ACI's. It's not easy, but it CAN be done.

My phpQLAdmin does this (not perfectly recursive yet though).

I have approximately 400k plus entries, with about 30-40 attributes in each entry, many of which can have different access values from each other. It would be horribly ugly, and a nightmare to maintain. ;)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html