Re: Openldap-2.2.4 and Mozilla

--On Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:53 PM +0000 Kevin Ratcliffe <kev@bolton-sfc.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi

I am having a bit of grief with Mozilla 1.5 and 1.6.  I built and
installed the openldap-2.2.4 and created a basic directory with a few
entries and initially everthing seems to be going OK.  I can connect
using the Java LDAP Editor/Browser with a v3 bind.  I try to connect
using the Mozilla address book and I get nothing.  I change Mozillas
directory settings to an old directory server that allows v2 binds and
everthing works OK.  So I go back to Java LDAP Editor/Browser and try a
v2 connect to my new server and get an error.  So I assume that Mozillas
address book uses a v2 bind to the directory.  Then I add 'allow bind_v2'
to my slapd.conf and Java LDAP Editor/Browser connects fine with a v2 or
v3 bind.  I fire up Mozilla again to try to get some results and I still
get nothing.  What is worrying though, is the fact that slapd 'exits on
signal 11' and dumps a core when I try to query the directory.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.9 and Openldap-2.2.4

Can anybody please give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong?

Kev,

Anything that core dumps slapd is a concern... You should file an ITS at

http://www.openldap.org/its/ so that this bug can be tracked.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html